Rp Junkies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost In Black

Go down 
+5
Sage
Yumichika
Thray
optimalzelda
zincks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zincks
Admin
zincks

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Ah were we last ended the rp Igor was being transported and he will be ending up on planet Scum. You will be playing one of the people he works with that may be good at what they do, and have interesting histories, but well your the universe's rejects on the plant of rejects. Criminals, rejected experiments, ex-felons, people really down on their luck, the unfortunate that happened to end up on this planet, the destitute civilian that was born here, among many other interesting personal reasons. Some reason you are on Planet Scum and you are looking for a ship to get off this wretched place.

Death is periminate, unless it is written in and there are major draw backs and rules are less unbending. Unless this is to become a pure fun rp

For character sheets im using a numbering system this time around to allow for more then human abilities as well as lower then human ability.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Appearance[/b]: 
[b]Bio/History:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Race:(and information on them)[/b]
[b]Specialty:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b]

[b]Power: [/b]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]
[b]Wisdom:[/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b]
[b]Health:[/b]
[b]Endurance:[/b]

[u]Accessories [/u]
[b]Armor:[/b]
[b]Weapons: [/b]
[b]Accessories:[/b]

-5 = can lift as much as a small rodent, bestial intelligence, you catch every thing illness wise, you cant move or if you do its barely anything (like a tree, rooted in place)
-4 =
-3 =
-2 = Obese human or human child, hill billy, crippled, low end of the gene pool.
-1 = Pre-teen strength, about IQ 76 aka slower learner, crippled to a point (some musles have damage of some sort/not flexible)
0 = Averaged human all around
1 = you work out, semi intelligent, High school with some collage.
2 = Athletic Olympian human, prodigy human
3 = You are faster then any human abilities, you are prodigal smart/ mcguiver.
4 =
5 = never get sick from any thing natural and heal instantly (no healing instantly), can lift 650lbs before straining your muscles (your the pack mule), as soon as someone says something you got an answer that seems very well thought out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Captain Lilly 'Coppertop'
Gender Female
Appearance: Instead of the normal Satyr appearance of goat like legs her legs look quite deer like in pattern and lenght of fur, getting people to mistake her for a faun. Her Horns curve back like a deer's horn but it has the thickness that corresponds to a ram's horn in girth but not shape as they haven't curled about her ears. Her looks are quite off putting as she is a small curvy little thing of 4'8" and has the looks of weighing only about 100 pounds but truly weighs on the heavy side of 113lbs. She wears only a tabard many pockets and a utility belt which she claims is clothing enough for her. Very rarely will she put on a skirt to cover her lower half for formal occasions. Her hair is a copperish color of a redish blond with the striking neon green eyes of her kind. The deer like pattern has a darker tan to it with white spots, she has a tail that looks part way between a goat tail and a deer tail which she will not comment on other then genetic problem.
Bio/History: Not much is known other then for a very well detailed reports of leader ship and an outstanding record on assault in self defense where the other person pleaded guilty for the first punch, Probably the problem source are all from where she came from the infamous world Diskworld. All of those reports are genially followed by a ticket on vandalism of some sort because of said incident. But she has taken two street uriches Timmy Boom and Karl Krank who are irreplaceable servants in her eyes despite their Quirks and has kept them. She seemed to have pity on them for something she did to them but its never quite clear what happened. She sounds like a city planet kid but she is known of growing up in a city with farms and nature about them.
Personality: Very strong will and very strong headed but willing to settle in the middle if there is a middle to be found. She is relatively relaxed with her crew understanding every one has their quirks and own way of working. But is she gets it in her head that something should be this way there is no easy way of convincing her to stand down.
Race:(and information on them) Satyr
They are seen by many humans as very free and lecherous people who enjoy their very lively parties that put any Italian or Hawaiian celebration. They are known as the rogues of the universe but faint hearted. They are not known for confronting people but if they do there is a good reason. But there are always exceptions with the violent clans of the Satyrs and the fact the Satyrs are a dieing race since they forgot most of their histories in the calm times of the UFE which has lasted a good 4 generations where all of them have all but forgot their war like nature for the most part and became quite like fauns. They prefer to shy away from technology and favor nature more.
Specialty: Will, Commanding presence.
Strengths: Fey magic, reinforced spine, strong personality, contacts, nimble fingers, exotic weapon training
Weakness: Fey magic, Small, high tech, not good with shooting, enemies
Position: Captain

Power: 4
Strength: -1
Intelligence: -1
Wisdom: 1
Dexterity: 1
Health: 0
Endurance: 2

Accessories
Armor: Vest with light metal plates in it, light elbow lenght gauntlets
Weapons: A fan, and Gurka, with a revolver slug thrower.
Accessories: Utility belt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: 'Karl' Krank and 'Timmy' Boom
Gender Male
Appearance: Karl is a gangly 5'9", freckle, red hair human with thick coke bottle glasses over his green grey eyes. He generally wears basic collar shirt with the right hand pocket over the heart and jeans. Timmy on the other hand is grey with the tinge of green skin, red eyed, 3'9" goblin with a utility vest and belt, no hair, and protective engineer gloves. They both have they same type of black boots.
Bio/History: Well they were street urchins that Coppertop took in under her care because she pitied them. Seems like they had something happen to them making them linked together as well as the oddity of not dieing perminately. They never quite got past what ever happened as they seem to stay in the same mind set that Coppertop found them in. The have worked for her for most of their lives and seem quite content.
Personality: Timmy is a rather nice fellow who as odd as he can be every one has the general feeling of liking him with the feeling he is going to steal something and no one can explain why. Always polite and proper talking while trying to adapt to people's needs to 'fit in'. He gives off the geek air no matter what he does.
Karl on the other hand is a very nice dorky guy that is quite subservient. Up most helpful and you feel bad about yelling at him or the slightest twinge of guilt.
Race:(and information on them) Humans quite adaptable while goblins are just smaller greener and uglier versions of humans
Specialty: They come back eventually.
Strengths:They come back eventually, very loyal, know each other frighteningly well
Weakness: When bad things happen it happens to them the worse. Trouble seems to follow them no matter how safe they are. They never can seem to knowdice the other or get mixed up with which is who and personality switches.
Position: Handy men

Timmy
Power: 3
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 0
Dexterity: 0
Health: 1
Endurance: 0

Karl
Power: 0
Intelligence: 1
Wisdom: -1
Dexterity: 0

Accessories
Armor: clothing
Weapons: wrenches and pipes, handyman tools
Accessories: glasses/goggles, all terrain breathing devices, handyman tools
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Igor Fressia
Appearance: He Stands 6'3", weighing in at 80 and sporting the third color changing eye. His two normal eyes are a dull grey-blue with silver and gold streaks. His hair is a brilliant green-blue with white hair just over his middle eye. His ears are some what like goblin ears if not on the slender side, scales running down his cheeks, and a pale white skin. He has 3 lines of crystals down his back with tattoos that use them as part of their art work. He has the Pixen's 3 pair wings that allow him to fly and show his state of health. His fingers look normal but for his nails being black. If one was to looks at the thick nails they would see that these look like sharpened claws. He is heavily scared from looks of battle as if he has been through a hell battle field area.
Bio/History: He was a captain of a Ship called the Silver Feng, until an unfortunate accident. Where the ship blew up a week after a wanted picture came out for him with a high reward. His reward is now gone and he seems rather bitter about finding out about his ship being blown up by people when he finally did find out. He got hired on cause of his temper and good shot as well as putting a man through several walls in a fight in a shanty town. He ship wreaked on the planet with a busted ship that looked jerry rigged together and using med evil piping which seems odd. He was seen taking gold of unknown make to a bank and seems to be filthy rich but not doing any thing with that money.
Personality: He is a bitter bastard but he has a good side if you can wait for it to come out. His personality is really dark like his humor that can be quite morbid. Its hard to tell if he is joking or not at times. He seems to relax around certain people those people seem to be few and far between. When asked about his scars he becomes very quiet and changes the topic forcefully. He may have a short temper but his temper he can hold in place. He also has a very rebellious streak that is curbed by an odd financial man and an effeminate man that appears about him from time to time. It is rumored he was an experiment of some kind from how he fights but no one can prove it.

Race:(and information on them)Pixen that is spliced with Noranti-garrun-scarren
The Pixen are believed to be a combination of the wyld, affliction, magic, as well as possible genetic manipulation. They are believed to be violent but nothing has been proven since they are under general galactic protection. Being highly magical their race has been able to interbreed with many other races. But because of the splicing he has a third eye of an Noranti, scales of Scarren, and the light bones of the Garrun as well as the plume like hair.
Specialty: Good shot, trained in fighting.
Strengths:As a higher then normal healing factor (minor wounds heal in an hour, major wounds heal in a about 1-2 months if he survives), keen sense of scent and hearing, knows how to fight, decent shot, can fly/hover, fast metabolism
Weakness: easy to blind since he can not close all three eyes at the same time, easy to read emotion (eye), crystals are dangerous to him and those near him if broken while still in him, keen hearing and scent, prone to mood swings, thinks oddly, fast metabolism
Position: Hired gun, jerry rigger

Power: 2
Intelligence: 0
Wisdom: 0
Dexterity: 3
Health: 1/3
Endurance: 1

Accessories
Armor: Light armor of a strange leather make that is unrecognizable
Weapons: A make shift gun that looked like he put together with scraps, a rifle, and a light weight lazer cutter
Accessories: Headphones with a mic. and a respirator for water breathing

Last edited by Zincks on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 am

Wait...what? What's going on here? Why are we stopping SFM? And what about our old chars?
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Not sure, but I'm in if anyone else is. The only reason I didn't rejoin SFM was the 10 pages I didn't want to read through to catch up and I wasn't really sure I wanted to bring back Tshk.
Back to top Go down
Yumichika

Yumichika

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:35 pm

HEY!!! iI SOO DO NOT WANT SALINA AND NAMAIRE TO BE LOST CHARACTERS!!!! why?? I would rather keep playing Salina and have her at least get her sister out of the cell.....
I was planing on her learning about work on ships and such....and she was suppose to go full Demond....what happened to that and her meating orcal? I is not very happy right now... :affraid: :sadmt: Shocked snarl :Shootinglazer: nom stuned objection XD :hiss: ninja battle shout box snarl goblin Shocked objection snarl snarl snarl snarl snarl snarl objection objection objection objection ninja battle ninja battle cry cry cry cry nom :Shootinglazer: goblin snarl snarl smash dreams :sadmt: :sadmt: :sadmt: :sadmt: Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://rukaithedesertrose.deviantart.com/
zincks
Admin
zincks

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 am

hmmm well this is Igor but he isn't a main character still working on it since SFM got out of my hands where i let things get far to lose and had not get out of free jail card. And they, your charaters, are now Npcs or antagonist. New characters every one
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 am

....Right, not joining this.
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:16 am

You know, there are better ways to regain control of an RP then ending it and starting a new one. Hell, restarting it and setting up the rules you have now would be a lot better. At least then people can keep their old characters, which it honestly seems like they should be able to do in this case.

I mean, their captain is suddenly teleported elsewhere and they don't go looking for him? Given the technology or at least magic the crew has access to they'd be able to track the path of the teleportation somehow and, with the exception of Zazie and possible 1 or 2 others, they'd try to find him anyway. I don't see why the first few posts can't be the loyal crew members trailing the teleportation and getting marooned on this planet.

Mostly though there's this: from what I've heard none of the present players, with the possible exception of Sage, are interested in joining this. It seems this will only kill the RP. If the reason you're doing this is because the RP got out of your control and you don't want to deal with it anymore you should either restarts it or let someone else take it over for you. From what little I've talked about the BS going on in your life I suggest the latter so you have one less responsibility to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Sage

Sage

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 am

With me there are mainly two things that would need to be done for me to consider rejoining this. 1. remove Exalted from the rp completely, it is unbelievably broken, is not fun to rp against since from the start you always have already lost before a fight even begins, and it likes to take the rp, bend it over and dominate it into submission. 2. put some control onto players! Ok, so people may make a powerful character, fair enough within reason. What seems to be going on is i could make a character with nothing but S for their stats and make an excuse saying that i will put in a bunch of weaknesses that i will end up ignoring and say i will keep the power in check yet never will since nothing will be done as reprimand against it.

One more thing, make death final, if your character dies that is it, there is no resurrection, no demons coming to bring your soul back, no third party influence, nothing. Otherwise death becomes entirely meaningless and goes to show that a player can do anything and not have anything to worry about because they will always come back. The player will just have to take the death as a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
Yumichika

Yumichika

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:12 pm

I never said i wouldn't join I just said I didn't wanna lose my characters.
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 pm

to thray:
I ended it cause i realized i had no built in leashes as a gmpc i made a PC character and got lost in it. The fault of SFM failings was all me and i realized i had a good thing going with GT for the faults it had. I was testing thing. As for finding yes some people knew but unfortunately another fault of the gm at that time i relied on them finding the group and bringing them together with out that over riding personality of Laru that was part of the crew. At that point i left it with no one with a strong attitude to take over and got into Igor a bit too much where i didn't bring a second in command like character in.
As for letting someone else take over that is taking out an outlet for stress since i mean for my Rps to be fun not stressful. Even if it is stressful its not over whelming stress that would swamp me. Personally i let people build characters to a point for antagonist for the crew in this so those who did build characters that are strong, guess what your characters might be biting you in the ass in this one if i implement this. I also am throwing all sorts of plots i Had out the window so some things will not be happening since im making something just for fun and no conceivable plot yet.

To Sage:
I changed the power system to control people and state in detail when i finish it. Also i when to leaninant on the rules but read what i first posted about not being so lax on the rules

To Yumi:
I will want to talk to you directly about this tender subject

To Zld:
im just making it for fun for those that join. Personally i couldn't care if # of people joined, hence why im always surprised why people like my rps, i would put it off to the side to reformat for later or turn it table top game for people i know who like to rp
Back to top Go down
Zazie The Beast

Zazie The Beast

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Name:Silas,Dumah

Genderm

Appearance:comes in weighing about 180 pounds mostly muscualar has a 6 pack,
height about 5,9 dresses in a long black trenchcoat,wears black sunglasses,
long white hair going down to the back of his neck,
a black shirt and some black saggy jeans with black boots,
a scar coming down his right eye but can be unoticed when he wears his sunglasses
a tatoo on his neck with an upside down V and a circle drawn around it
Bio/History:Silas Dumah grew up being an outcast at school and was picked on by many,till reached the age of 16
he was at home one time and decided to go to a cemetary by himself. After hours of exploring it he found an abandoned cave
once he entered he saw a shadow pass him by following the sounds and the shadow he came across a coffin,on the side it was written
"Who shall Open me and Reveal my Secret,shall Spend an Eternity praying upon people"
Being the outcast that he was he decided he had nothing to lose As he opened the Coffin a Cloud of smoke came out from it
and killed him instantly waking up a few seconds later he thought that maybe he had slipped and fell trying to open the coffin
as he went home he began to hear voices calling out to him..."feed your inner monster". Thinking maybe it was from the fall eh came home to sleep
Waking up the next day and getting ready for school...he began to hear voices in his mind again...Eventually the school found out about his ilness
and Declared him a Paranoid Schizophrenic...Dumah was Sent to an Insane Asylum were he spent a year before letting his Schizophrenic side take over him.
One night when everyone in the asylum was sleeping he began talking to his inner voices only to realize they would speak back to him and answer his questions
when the voice inside of him asked him if he would like to get out of this place he replied back with a "yes"
the inner voice simply replied back" let me take over". As Dumah let his so called" Schizophrenic side" take over..he sprung out of his bed
and began a road of carnage creating massacre everywere he went around the hospital murdering everyone in sight and drying them of there blood.
Once he reached the door that was heavily guarded with rusty bars he snapped them like twigs and dissapeared into the shadows.
Waking up the next day at some motel not remembering what had happend the night before. The cops broke downt he door and took him to prison
Were he sits and wonders What happend and How he came to be here

Personality:is a regular guy who at times wants to be alone...in order to protect the others around him,Dosent mind company at times, and is someone who can be easily trusted
with a task knowing it will be complete, when his Vampire side takes over....All it seeks is feeding on blood and destruction...this insane side has no bounds...it has no friends
everyone becomes its enemy and food

Race:: Human/Brujah...The Brujah are a vampire clan that believe in a sole purpose of forming and uniting all vampires under one clan making a huge family..The Brujah are wise
and seek to help others before helping themselves..there are not easily angered they are the most strongest of all the vampire clans in existance...yet they only use there brute force when it comes
to attacking and defending themseleves and others...the Brujah is a powerful foe to be reckoned with some people believe hand to hand combat against a Brujah Vampire is suicide.

Specialty:in Vampiric form is able to destroy wall barriers in his path,has the power to blend in with the darkness and suprise attack from it as well,as well as having a very keen sense of smell for blood..
has a powerful jaw line wich gives him the ability to grow back his fangs if they were to be destroyed ...
is able to drink blood or any other worldly type cells. has no soul...

Strengths:Human form nothing special just not as crazy as his other side..yet more wiser and calm then his other side but still just a regular human
...Vampiric side has a never ending pursuit tendency, tends to finish what it started dosent stop feeding till its satisfied, the destruction it creates
around itself is considered a horrid side.. able to hide in the shadows and nearly impossible to succumb this monster

Weakness:during his human side..he can be easily killed just like any other human..The Brujah side is not easily stopped but is possible..if His vampire side
is not being feed it begins to grow weaker and weaker slowly draining its energy forcing its own body to devour itself from the inside...
ultra vilet light can easily burn the Brujah if he is hiding in the shadows stalking his prey,also if Dumah is in his human form and hes exposed to sunlight for 5 minutes or more he begins to obtain bad sunburns..which eventually kill him
Weapons can also peirce the vampire but wont kill him if he is struck through vital parts...yet it will make him bleed forcing him to find help to heal himself or to bleed and lose his energy
in which will evidently lead to his death

Position:human-anything starting from rewireing and ending with able to repair damaged parts.
vampiric-can easily eveasdropped and would be used for muscle

Power:3

Strength:human form-1 vamipre form-4

Intelligence:

Dexterity:1

Endurance:1

Armor:clothing
Weapons: bare hands and fangs can also use items around him,shadows were he can stalk his prey
Accessories: glasses
Back to top Go down
Yumichika

Yumichika

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Name: Souda Haosului

Gender Female

Appearance: Souda stands at 5’10’’ and has Indigo (more on the light purple side) her right eye is Purple while the Left is Green. She has a knock out hourglass figure and knows how to use it. She appears to be very comfortable in her own skin and is Confident in her self. She dresses in a Risky for every one else but normal for her people’s kind of fashion. Her and her people resemble Elves but are completely different.

Bio/History: Souda comes from the planet Telax on this planet Sex is talked about openly and almost every one shows off their body since every one is in shape. Ever since she can remember Souda has been a source of Chaos, that of witch her name reflects. Ever since the age of 16 Souda has wanted to travel the Galaxy, but just cause women can do almost every they want doesn’t mean they aren’t considered 2nd class. Souda doesn’t believe in the Laws that women can’t do the same jobs as men. From a young age she has been teaching her self to fight with the help of her brother that is her twin. When a new law passed stating that women can’t leave the planet un less they were accompanied by a man, Souda became enraged and killed the man she was being forced by her father to Marry. Stealing his ship she left the planet Vowing to come back for her Mother and 4 sisters. Souda is the 2nd oldest Daughter of the chief Law officer on her planet. She also has 5 Brothers 2 that are also cops and one that is her age and her twin, and 2 brothers that are 4 and 6 years old. Having Fled the planet at the age of 16, she is now wanted for the Murder of her Husband and for breaking many other Laws. Once she got off planet she found a job on a planet that was ruled mostly by women and was trained as a Spy. Her latest mission has brought her to the worse planet in the Galaxy Planet Scum.

Personality: Seductive is second nature to her and she loves being free to do as she pleases and loves dating anyone and everyone she is more inclined to killing men if they order her a round she loves her job as a spy. She is also very smart and has the skills to kill. She is also great at info gathering. She does have a short fuse when provoked and she holds grudges.

Race:(and information on them) The telaxian people Looks like Elves just very tall…most adults are over 6’0’’ tall and there skin tones look like that of a rainbow (meaning every one is a different color) they are all thin and in great shape. ruffies are not known to work on her people.

Specialty: Spy work and Intel Gathering. As well as seduction, and phasing through walls.

Strengths: Knows when to use her “skills” to make men and women talk and knows when to be serious. She is also very hard to get drunk and is immune to almost every disease in the Galaxy.
she can feel eletrical currents in walls but lacks the ability to sence thieir strenght

Weakness: Nice bodies and fun nights likes to drink the hard stuff and anti-phasing things. she can feel eletrical currents in walls but lacks the ability to sence thieir strenght, she is also has a weakness to mysterious people? people that act mystrious.

Position: Spy and Intel gathering and being a part tome Hostess

Power: 0
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 2
Health: 1/5 (when she is dealing with sickness)

Accessories:

Armor: has light armor that covers her vital spots when she is battle ready. She has a Black body suite that completely covers her body when out on a mission. Then her normal risky styled clothing.
Weapons: Spy gear, small laser knife, a pistol, small laser gun, wire, handcuffs, and a pen that has a special scan device that allows her to unlock doors when she cant phase into the room through the wall…

Accessories: Jewelry that have small trackers and listening devices in them and a mask that she puts on when she sees some one from her home planet to hide her face and has to lie through her teeth.

Last edited by Yumichika on Sat May 22, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zazie The Beast

Zazie The Beast

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:36 am

Lost In Black 7772462

dumah would look something like this in his
normal form
Back to top Go down
RustyTheBrave

RustyTheBrave

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:26 pm

NAME:
Captain Havelock Kaine

APPEARANCE:
A rather imposing-looking man of some 6' in height or more, Captain Kaine's piercing blue eyes have been known to give nightmares to those who offend him, his crew or his ship. His deep black hair, cropped short, contrasts oddly with his bright white skin, which, it's said, has never been planetside long enough to acquire a tan. He shows the tight muscle and steady hand of someone who exercises and uses their skills regularly, in the gym or in-combat. His face is heavily set, but the deepness of his eyes gives him an almost fanatical intensity at times.

BIOGRAPHY:
Havelock Kaine started as a conscripted sailor during one of the many wars of the Illuminated Alliance against their foes, the Silent Ones. During combat, he distinguished himself by taking control of the ship after a mutiny left it without a captain or any reliable officers. His innate sense of tactics and firm dedication to the rest of the crew helped him see the Silent Ones off despite heavy casualties, and he received a field promotion to Captain upon the return of the rest of the fleet. He was later demoted for refusing to abandon his crew, and worked his way back up from lieutenant to captain over the next ten years. During that time he acquired a reputation for extreme loyalty to the men under his command, often taking huge risks to ensure their safety. As a result, he was very popular with everyone in the fleet except High Command, who put him in charge of an experimental ship as a thinly disguised attempt to get him to blow himself up. The Mirror Shard is a pinnacle of flight technology, which blends the Silent Ones' bizarre technomancy with the solid engineering of Alliance shipbuilders. The ship has heavy shields, but almost no armor, which caused the High Command to dismiss it as a useless prototype. Once Kaine activated its jump drive for the first time though, a huge invasion force arrived to assault the Alliance homeworld, and in the last moments before the jump was completed, he received a frantic recall from Command. He disobeyed that order, feeling that the safety of his crew was paramount, and jumped away to a nearby system, which was unfortunately controlled by the Silent Ones. He fought a desperate battle with the fleet there, outnumbered hundreds to one, losing half his crew in the process. He dropped two kinetic rounds, massive ceramic-encased slugs of metal fired at .1 light speed that are usually reserved for planetary targets, straight at a battlecruiser. As the battered, limping ship finally became able to warp again, he pushed the drive to its maximum, warping to the extreme projected distance possible for the drive, where he arrived at a small space station far from his home. He was able to repair and refuel there, though the language was strange to him and his crew. He swore he'd look after them, and as the repairs were finished, he considered finding work for the Mirror Shard in nearby civilized systems...

PERSONALITY:
Havelock Kaine tends to be serious, and viciously protective of his crew, while maintaining a polite exterior. Utterly honorable, the loss of so many of his crew is something he is still trying to atone for, and the prospect of taking black-market jobs is appalling to him, but he would beggar himself for the honor and welfare of his men and so takes it in stride.

SPECIES:
Human (mostly, some differential due to parallel evolution)

SPECIALTY:
Captain Kaine is an expert tactician and a charismatic leader, whose knowledge of space combat is first-hand and tested against worthy foes.

STRENGTHS:
Captain Kaine has a whole ship's arsenal at his disposal, and the loyalty of 247 men and women aboard the Mirror Shard which he maintains through his passionate devotion to them and to his ship.

WEAKNESSES:
Captain Kaine has a tendency to hold rigidly to his honor, and considers it his duty to preserve the lives of his crew, his ship and nearby civilians. He will not harm civilians except in self-defense, and will not use cruel weapons against even his worst enemies.

POSITION:
Captain of the Mirror Shard

POWER: 0
STRENGTH: 1
INTELLIGENCE: 2
WISDOM: 1
DEXTERITY: 0
HEALTH: 1
ENDURANCE: 1

ARMOR:
Marine armor
Dress armor
Uniform

WEAPONS:
Combat shotgun
Cutlass - Gold filigree, but good workmanship

ACCESSORIES:
Neural plug for ship navigation (pilot killed in fighting)
Small stockpile of rare metals
Stone from his home planet (around neck)

SHIP STATS:
Mirror Shard
Light Cruiser - 12000 tons
Equipped with an experimental fusion-torch drive and a set of similar drives for maneuvering, the Mirror Shard can achieve .3 lightspeed in a manner of minutes and maneuver easily at .2. To allow for this, the vast spaces in the hull have been replaced with an equally experimental X-Generator, which runs primarily on water, though its exact workings are exceedingly complex and yet eerily require little maintenance. What isn't taken up by generator or engines is taken up by the jump drive, the shield generators, the manufacturing bays and the few weapons that could fit in. The layout of the ship is extremely complex, whole winding corridors lined with doors to sleeping quarters or maintenance hatches. Due to the experimental design of the ship, long-term living quarters were not accounted for in the original design and the crew have had to improvise. The medical bay is equipped with sufficient medical technology for most shipboard injuries, save for a severed head or an intergalactic plague. The weapon systems on the ship are light compared to most ships of this size, as it carries no missiles or shuttles, only kinetic rounds and two small rail-gun turrets around a central Hellblade particle cannon capable of disabling most unshielded ships, though its long charge time makes it a cumbersome weapon at best. The navigation, sensors and targeting systems are run by quantum computers, which also take up a great deal of space, but the added accuracy of reports and targeting makes up for it. The equally bulky jump drive is a strange amalgamation of tech and what seems to be magic stolen from the strange Silent Ones. Strange runes surround the Jump Chamber, and it refuses to take any input except a human thought. For this reason it is required for someone to physically be in the chamber and visualize the destination based on star projections.

The crew is comprised of some 247 individuals, most of them are multi-purpose staff, as the original masters of their craft have mostly died in the fighting. Of these crewmembers, some 100 or so are marines, posted on-board originally for the off-chance of a mutiny, now they often help carry necessary parts in addition to their regular duties.

The Marine Commander is Mareltos Taeni, she is a five year veteran with several harsh skirmishes under her belt. She finds the loss of her homeworld hard to bear, but remains stoic to help maintain morale. She is utterly devoted to the Captain, and would follow him into Hell if he asked. She is pretty but by no means a soft beauty, and tends to prefer a cutlass to a shotgun.

The Doctor is one Dr. Silious Bent, an expert on Xenology and ship medicine. He was originally the science officer but the loss of the homeworld caused him to broaden his horizons. He has a strange sense of humor and is obsessed with xenotech and alien life forms. He is a little frightened of the Captain, but knows he's probably doing what's right, and masks his fear behind endless jokes and irreverent comments. He's short and thin, with a darker complexion.

The Head Engineer is Mr. Losin Denarik. He is one of the few people who remains in his original job following the deadly combat in the Silent Ones' system. Sarcastic and rough, Denarik doesn't mince words and is often blunt and to the point. He's devoted to the ship, and respects the Captain who keeps her in one piece. He is becoming a little concerned however, because the ship is needing less and less maintenance, beyond the scope of the continuing repairs, almost as if the ship were repairing itself. He doesn't trust the xenotech at all, and often argues that it's repairing itself, and the ship with it, though there is no concrete proof of this.
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am

Name: Tyra
Gender Female
Appearance: Tyra stands about 6' 2'' tall weighs about 180 lbs(she is a big girl), the frills on her head have a pair of small hoop piercings in each frill and her eyes are aqua colored in comparison to her green-ish colored scales. She has a build like this except with a slightly(yes only slightly) smaller bust. She has intricate tribal tattoos on her left arm down to her elbow and a small heart tattoo right above her ass. Her clothing consists of just a black bikini top and worn pants stained with grease from the mechanical work she does. She carries her tool belt on her most of the time, usually just for show and mostly to carry around her handy club.....wrench. She also has a pair of goggles around her neck, which are pretty much just there to be there.
Bio/History: Tyra is originally from the planet Sauria, which is inhabited my mostly dinosaurs. And on this planet, the women were mostly in charge of many things, be it political or just domestic. She was raised mostly by her mother to be tough and strict like herself and take up the family's mechanical workshop. Her father however, took her with him often against his wife's will, to show her how to be a massage therapist due to the very stressful lives many of the saurian men deal with from having very rough wives. As she got older she began to get annoyed from the strictness of her mother and began to just do whatever she wanted, she worked in the shop as her mother intended however, just to get enough money to get off the planet. Over the course of her massaging career with her father, she came to like many of the customer she came to work on, some men and women she even took to a private room for a bit more than a massage, which bothered her father greatly due to such scandolous things being done in the workplace.

Upon hitting the age of 21, she pretty much gave her parents the finger and got the hell of the planet to get away and do whatever the hell she wanted, doing mechanical work and 'stress relief' whenever she can just to get by in the verse.
Personality: Social and easy going, loves to fool around and tease men and women alike. Typically laid back and a bit lazy about actually doing mechanical work and thinks people shouldnt take 'damages' too seriously as to her they are always an easy fix. Easy to get a chat going with and to simply have some company.
Race:(and information on them) Dilophosapien
Specialty: Keeping whatever ship she is on in working condition the best she can(when she feels like it) and help relieving post/pre mission stress via massage therapy or sexual acts.
Strengths: Good mechanical skills, trained massage therapist, can keep things running for a while off scrap parts.
Weakness: Lazyness, stubborn-ness about trying something different from what she is used to or about being told to do something when she doesnt feel like doing anything. Cant hold her alcohol.
Position: Engineer/Therapist

Power: 1
Strength: 1

Accessories
Armor: Bullet Proof vest and a old helmet she found.
Weapons: Wrench(as a club), Pump Action Shotgun
Accessories: Engineer goggles, tool belt(mostly for show).

Last edited by optimalzelda on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:47 am

Sorry for double post but i think im done with her. Just need a way to get in this thing.
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Name: Buzz
Appearance: Uses all four limbs to walk around and only can handle things with it's 'paws' when paws are free. The eyes are a cobalt blue and the fur is a black with light brown spotting down her spine, and a faint crisis crossing of orange tipped fur pattering on her sides and a light grey under belly. She appears to resemble a Sabertooth tiger from earth's fossil record. Her mane is braided into 6 thick braids, two hang over her ears with two that hang behind her ears and the other two combined into one between her shoulder blades. She stands four feet at the shoulder and is about seven feet in length, weighing a good 500 pounds. Her tail only is a foot long and does not count towards her length, her two top canines are nine inches long.
As for clothing it is only bracers on her forelimbs and 6 inches down her tail as well as any thing that may be woven into her hair. Other then that she sees the need for more useless but more offent then not pointless, unless you count her battle armor where she can have a gun turret mounted onto her back or shoulders. She has gotten use to wearing side pouches to carry things about in, or to put found objects.

Bio/History: She is just getting out into her second year of adult hood and exploring space. She was quite offended to find out three were not many people that resembled her race seeing her planet generally does not get a lot of galactic trade due to her planet being the home planet of her people. She was good at what she learned as well as pick pocketing since no one really ever seemed to assume her when she did do it. But if any one called her out on it she was always offended that one would accuse her of such a thing. She found many other races stand able if not right down friendly and good to talk to. Being a sociable creature she naturally generated towards bars and other areas that produced a lot of people.

Personality: She has a kleptomaniac behavior with out the compulsion to do so and will get offended if you even think of calling her a thief. If she is caught with the missing object she will have no knowledge of ever picking it up, or remember that she found it on the ground.(Kender - from dragon lance)
She like almost every one from her race is chummy when she knows people are about. And she loves stories as well as telling stories. Some if not all her stories seem blown out of proportion.
If she finds someone offense to her tastes she will become quite unfriendly with them and use of natural weapons are fine when showing her displeasement. She is quite intelligent and knows how to pilot many things but due to her shape she does not fit many of the seats which make it hard for her to pilot or drive vehicles comfortably.

Race: Smilo
They are a very pack oriented race and are very chummy when they know people are about. When they kill someone and eat them they see nothing wrong with it because it is not their race which has lead to issues with other races. As long as you lay out the rules that you are not food they will not eat you and very much prefer to hunt down living food, though plant or rock based races have given them quite a shock when they find out they are not meat. This as lead to many plant and rock based races getting a long with the Smilos greatly due to the feline race not wishing to eat them. With 'meat' based life forms they get a long great as long as rules are laid down or they taste bad.
They believe strongly in caring for the pack and will try to help weather help is wanted or not, if they happen to like you or in some cases are fattening you up. most of their societies are all for free share of materials with their own and become greatly territorial with other races. Due to their quick maturity there are many adults as well as elders. This leads to cubs only having to go to school and having the rest of the time to be free to do what they want. The extreme freedom is enforced till they are 10 years old where then they need to find something to do that benefits the community they are in.

Specialty: Theft and drive.
Strengths: Slight of hand, never unarmed, almost able to pilot any vehicle.
Weakness: Heat and easily distractible.
Position: Free hands for higher.

Power: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: -2

Accessories

Armor:
Weapons:
Cannon/gun vest
Accessories:
Bracers
Side bags
Hair accessories

Last edited by CaptainIsomer on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Oh dear god.... yes you can play her but ARGGGGGGG! KENDERS!
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Name: Mercy Bel'Taive
Age: 141 (Definitely doesn't look it do to nanomachine immortality drugs.)
Appearance: A young woman of hard to place age. Thin and short, with petite features. Her eyes seem the darkest part of her, and tell her age.
---
Bio/History: The Argi Cluster is a dense collection of stars colonized by humans over millennia It has rich mineral wealth, but little native life. Humans in that region showed up in two waves: the privaliged and the refugees. The rich took the best worlds, while the refugees took to anything large enough to have proper gravity. From these group rose three cultures, and thousands of nation states.
The refugees split along the radical Pan, posthumanists who changed themselves to breath alien air or flit through the cosmos on metallic limbs, and the conservative Orth, who carried on life like they had from their forgotten home. The privileged, however, became linked to the post-singularity technologies they used to create their paradises, and for a while dabbled in many phases of living. But as time went by, many who dabbled in such godlike powers began to wither and die. The surviving people remade themselves as the Ascended, a culture that embraces Human Divinity as a cornerstone of enlightenment. They have made war on the Pan for their inhuman vulgarity and on the Orth for their backwards barbarity.
Then they hit an edge of the cluster, and the galaxy turned its eye to judge them. The Ascended still are unsure what to make of a galaxy filled with inhuman forms, but ones brought on by their own perfections. Worse, the Orth and Pan had breached the walls of the cluster long before, and had better understanding of the ancient ruins that littered space and the aliens of the neighboring area.
Mercy was one of thousands who took part in the Long Flight, and helped heal the wounded and restore a dozen worlds from the fires of war. Now, however, she has passed the boundary into the foreign. She studies it, and she can't help but think it studies her back.
Ascended, based upon the ideas of Liberation ethics, are loosely organized, and so was Mercy. She has no mission but her own curiosity that compels her to go deeper and deeper into the crowded abyss others call "The Galactic Community."
---
Personality: A cool, collected woman, whose passions show through their intensity rather then their volume. She is not new to being in space, but rather to being away from the Argi Cluster. She mumbles to herself often, almost a liteny of her inner monologue. The rarely speaks to others directly, watching the world as the isolated observer. When she is quite, she is likely upset, and when she is talkative, she is likely running with the emotions of the time.
She does talk to her drones, which some find odd, but her biggest audience are the plants she collects and grows wherever there is dirt. Her bedside manner is only better through practice, and often consists of stating the stages of medicine and answering questions.
She always has a solid surety when she speaks.
She likes treatises on anatomy and pie filling.
---
Race: Human/Ascended (A group of humans from the Argi Cluster, relatively isolated from much of the galaxy.)
Specialty: Biology and Medicine
Strengths: Mech suit and drones. A leading innovator in her field of study.
Weakness: Physically weak. Doesn't get out of suit much. Prejudice towards abhumans.
Position: Missionary

Power: 3 (Laser cutters and a mech suit. Hits HARD.)
Strength: -1 (She lives in a powered suit.)
Intelligence: 3 (Brilliant scientist.)
Wisdom: 2 (She hasn't lived through wars by being dense.)
Dexterity: 0 (Stable, but not swift.)
Health: -1 (She lives in a powered suit.)
Endurance: 1 (Can stay up and keep working past most people's limits.)

Armor: The Perethil Juggernaut suit is more then a suit of armor for Mercy; it's her house. It stands about 14 feet tall, and 8 feet wide, 6 feet thick. It is a mostly clean, polished design of white ceramic and crystal compound. It is rather roomy inside it and can actually hold more then one person, but it is unlikely that Mercy would let anyone in. Or that she would leave it, for that matter; Ascended tend to view the outside world as something that is inherently dirty until properly cleansed. Cleansing often means setting up meditative space and terraforming, so the suits become tiny islands of sanity.
The suit is beyond many people's understanding, as it is a post-singularity product. It seems almost indestructible, given the hard armor and shielding, but wars have proven that wrong. The suit has a built in nanofactory, a fusion-torch generator, and self-sustaining life support.
The suit has three internal compartments. The core one is the cockpit, where the pilot lives and directs the suit. The second room is the engine room, with the power and shield generator, the nanofactory and arteries, and a small botany lab. The third room is the smallest, an alcove that serves as storage and her sleeping space. The suit has a smart program to assist Mercy, but it is unable to express free will. The Ascended disagree with other species on the subject of AI, finding them a terrifying mockery of the human mind. The ship is also fitted with small drones that do many minor tasks, from bathing to helping her gather samples. The can form a small swarm about her, protecting her from aggressors.
The suit also doubles as a space ship, the shield being directed force. As such, she can accelerate in the vacuum and hover on the ground, but this taxes the generator and drops her shielding.
Her suit counts as an advanced, light mecha suit.
---
Weapons: None of the equipment on the suit is made to be a weapon, not that they cannot be repurposed as them. Ascended believe that items follow the wishes of the creators, so only someone dedicated to war should weild weapons. Still, a frightful array of cutting lasers, climbing spikes, and other 'tools' litter any Ascended's suit, and Mercy has no end of them herself. for Mercy, this is most often the cutting bulwark in her suit's arms, made to help cut samples or do surgery. If set accordingly, the small blade becomes deadly prongs of burning light. As such, she has no long ranged weapons beyond short bursts of cutting laser fire and anything the suit's mighty limbs can throw.
Weapons count as either short range, burst, energy weapons or melee with either the energy tools or the suit itself.
---
Accessories: Suit, a Perethil Juggernaut named 'the Bright Lance.'
Small gaggle of drones. Like mini, weaker suits.
A small votive book and incense.
Medical supplies.
Biology supplies.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm

I vote we play introduction a little longer, as new characters are still incoming, and need to be brought to speed.
Back to top Go down
Yumichika

Yumichika

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 pm

I agree since i seemed to have gotten lost on my way to under stand what the hell is going on
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:03 pm

im with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost In Black Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost In Black   Lost In Black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost In Black
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rp Junkies :: Role play area :: OOC :: Scifi-
Jump to: