Rp Junkies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Uplift: Mirror War

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

Uplift: Mirror War Empty
PostSubject: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Sirens.
People roused from their beds, shuffled through the corridors, and assembling in their emergency positions.
Lights.
Guns are passed out and orders shouted.
As people are assembled in the main hall, a Grade 4 takes the lead and calls for names and rollcall. It al spills into one motion, checking and rechecking. Every once in a while, someone is rounded up, taken by the Judicial Service. Men and women ask each other personal questions, guage answers, and call over the Judicials if something seems wrong.
For a terrifying hour, you fight for your identity, no single person being sure who they stand next to or what they may be. Then its all clear, and you strugle back into bed. Sleep comes slowly, the panic of the day settling slowly into oblivion.

You awake the next day. Immediately, figures are being bounced about. Five swaps, one morph, and many false memories.
This is getting routine, the third time this year. People go to bed one man, wake up another, and it just keeps getting worse. It is obvious now: Time is fraying and you may be the next casualty.
But no time to panic, panic won't do a thing to help you, but work will.
There is a special order from the Mission Director. You and several other are being called for in the main metrodome. There are several other things nearby, like shops and eateries, and your not expected for a few hours. What do you do, kick back and take in gossip or hop on a train to the meeting?
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Shanae, encased in her suit, slowly stirs and powers up the suit to head out. She runs over the normal check up on her armored medical suit. She lets her eyes examine the systems before opening up her capsule to do an outside examination before drawing back into her shell like a hermit crab. She goes gets food, which enters her suit when the capsule opens up and she takes it in and closes up again, allowing only glimpses of limbs that indicates someone living is in the suit. As she eats her food she settles near some people to listens to the gossip of those about her figuring she has some time to kill before heading out.
Back to top Go down
http://rpjunkies.roflforum.net
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 am

Sean Stein sits up and examines his room as he wakes up yet again in the new world. There has been disturbing mixups, strange shape shifting of that one person, and memories that lined up like a bad translation through several languages. Bizarre events for what looks like him and those he is now working for.
He just hopes that the events that are happening never hit him directly where his memories are no longer what they were but then again he would probably never know what happened till he is flagged and dragged off.
As he wakes up this one day he hears that there is a meeting in a few hours but one who likes to be prompt and scout out his area, heads to the train after an orange for breakfast. Morning tea and toast would be nice but that can wait when there are other better days.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Shanae sits down for breakfast, but ends up at a gossip table. One man, an Indentured with ritual scars over his black scalp, says he has sen the military bringing in more heavy vehicles. Another, a older asian woman from the Mining Service, whispers that the higher grades have begun to ask her and other foremen what miners would do well in combat. It seems a combat mission is in the works.

Stein gets on the train and rides it along the mag rails to the Metrodome. It is a large, blue-grey structure of concrete curves and yawning arches. Inside, he passes the security clearence to enter into the meeting room. They are still setting up, but he sees that both Commander Yo and Director Gomes are up on stage, having a heated discussion. Seeing you have entered the room, Gomes motions Yo, who abates with a hiss.
Gomes turns towards you and motion you to the front. He hops of the stage and offers you a drink and a chair. He asks if you are alright after last nights commotion, to which Yo sniffs and spins about herself a chair. She leans on the back and peers forward intently.
They begin some small talk, noticeably calmer now, and ask if you need any answers. They tell you, briefly, that the mission briefing will wait until you team has assembled, but otherwise want to scope out your feeling on the current situation.
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Shanae listens to the people before activating her mic to say, "Seems like the events are increasing...is that is what is causing the increase of military action?" She looks at the screens that allow her to look out. to gauge their reactions. She yawns still tired from the event of last night and settles into her cockpit as she quietly eats, listening intently. Worry has been nagging at her for the tension that has been rising quickly in Centrum. With rise of a military action she would be a needed medical personnel. But where is a big question.
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 am

Sean keeps quiet as he observes the yelling for the time it happens bout him. Once he is acknowledged and addressed he inclines his head to both of them. "Good morning Director. Commander." Sean sits down as he declines the drink politely. When asked if he is alright after last night's commotion he simply nods, and replies "It was needed sir. Especially with all the alarming disturbances that have been happening."
He listens intently to their conversation, not wanting to miss any hints on what is going on as well as asking his iwn questions such as:
"What is causing these Disturbances? Such as people having the wrong memories."
"Can we fix this Problem? If not can we reduce these occurrences?"

He figures questions like these cant hurt since they offered to answer any question.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Stein sees Yo and Gomes nod. Gomes starts by saying that the problem has been tracked, but up until now they had been unable to do anything. It seemed that the Infinity corporation of Secundis had made time travel, but they had not made all of the proper adjustments. As time is relative, how time arranges along the Waves may also be relative. Centrum thought that travel between Waves was impossible to close together, so the idea of Secundus and Centrum being just out of each other's reach is now much more understandable.
Yo continues, saying that, this meant time was minorly reactive to thought. If that was true, then this meant the space between Waves was mutable. If it was mutable, though, then what spaced out time itself? Not space, as each multiverse was space acted on by time. Then only one thing made every timeline different: difference itself. This meant that Waves were groupings of similar timelines.
Gomes gives Stein a moment to let this sink, then says "So guess what happens when people start crossing timelines, making them similar..."
Yo gets up and smiles, "And unlike the Director, I know exactly what to do."
Gomes shakes his head and gets ready for the meeting, excusing himself and Yo so they can start the briefing.

Shanae sees the Military grades stiffen up, but a Judicial laughs and put in "Ya, it's gotta be obvious that something Military is going down."
The Military relent and mumble that something is happening. They have brought in some huge machine, the size of an aircraft carrier, to the Feilds north of New Orleans. Another chimes in that they have multiple. Soon, they all talk excitably about firedrills and gathering up a lot of ammo and vehicles. Then one, a Mining Indentured asks what it is all for. Faces scrunch and hands scrabble, but nobody can answer what or where this is all going to, just that it means something huge is about to happen.
With a last bite, people head off to work, and it is time to go to the meeting.
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Shanae listens intently while she can but decides once people leave that she should probably head off. She places the dishes onto a container and leaves for the train.
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

Sean quietly sits back to examine the room and only half listens to what is going on after Yo says what she knows what to do. His eyes drift about as he vaguely wonders where his team mates might be As well as considering what has been said.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:25 am

Shanae rides the train and arrives at the Metrodome. She walks in and sees a large number of agents standing outside. As you take seat, or in Shanae's case, spots, you are guided to a seat next to a young man.
Stein and Shanae meet, and are given envelopes. They are for now called unit Kiwi Thunder. Feel free to groan.
The room dims, and a projector comes on. On it is a meandering string, with swirling patterns crisscrossing it. On its meandering lines swirl little pearls: the timelines.
What is jarring is the jagged lines that begin at the one major Wave, -3, the home of Secundus. Homeline. Infinity.
"As you can all see, major distortions are emanating from the Secundus. We have crunched the numbers, and the damage is now beyond repair. We can only try to ride this out, and we need to hunker down." Gomes lets this sink in. "We are making a major strike on an Infinity facility on a timeline called 'the Disposal.' It is a large facility in Terraustralis, with a connection to several other Infinity facilities."
Yo strode forward, snagging the remote from Gomes. "Each of you have been given a Squad Designation and a mission, so open your envelopes and know that your missions hold the fate of our people. Move out!"
The crowd shouts and salutes, then breaks up.
You two tear open the envelope and read the mission statement.
"You are to rescue a Centrum agent who the Secundus kidnapped. We are to believe they trying to indoctrinate him.
"His name is Jack, and he just went out on a training mission. You will be leaving in the morning.
Shanea, your suit will be given a experimental slip-drive. This will allow for chronotic jumps, but is very unstable unless used in conjunction with equipment back on Centrum.
Stein has a pack of Metabolic Boosters, to help with his powers. He has enough for the several missions, but is warned that constant use can have health concerns.
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 am

Instead of a resounding groan she says, "I like kiwis. they are just a little herp with derp and yummy to eat."
Shanae shakes her head slightly at the news that Secundus were able to catch on of their agents. Then the fact this place is called 'The disposal' worries her just ever so slightly. This is all taking a back seat to the disturbance coming from the place. Her old military training says that they should just blow the place up, to prevent more jagged lines. The other part of her says to just remove the disturbances.

SHe feels a tremor go through her as she shivers at the thought of having to leave her suit and reluctantly resigns her self to agree to let them add things to her suit to get ready for the mission. She slowly comes out to allow for the changes only because she is on Centrum lines.
"Can't believe an agent was captured, and they are trying to indoctrinate him? Foolishness. So stein feeling confident in a rescue mission?"
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Sean coughs slightly and mumbles out something about not minding the thunder part. Not sure about the fuzzy green part of the name but it could be worse.
He then carefully reads over the information given and gratefully accepts the medical alarming Metabolic Boosters. Well you don't live for ever and better to go out you know you have done something with your life then nothing at all.
He is more or less ready for the mission except for his partner needing to get upgrades. When the cyborg finally comes out he blinks at 'her' for a moment as she is speaking before tuning in. "Yes I suppose I am, Miss..." He trails off he knows very little about his team mate but her equipment shows that she is probably a medical person, unless something changed up in how things are ran.
He quietly tucks away the fact she seems to hate getting out of her armor much like trying to pull a platypus out of it's nest. So she is a little bit of an awkward flower.
"If you don't mind maybe we should get to know each other better. I am Sean Stein. I work at keeping my self and those with me alive by transferring damage else where. I am also was a investigator from a different timeline." He leaves it open for her to open up about her self as he tries quite hard not to look at her missing limbs.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Are there any more equipment requests before the mission? Also, how do you two spend the rest of the day while the suit is outfitted and given camo?

Next post of mine begin the crossover.
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 pm

check for cross over
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

I am good with moving on
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 am

The next day, the two of you stand on a large platform. Wires and cooling lines run across from this stage.
"Monitering timeline," intones a scientists. A noticable hum begins below your feet.
"Calibrations completed." One scientist begins to pump in more coolant into the stage, while another punches a couple buttons, flashing lights reflecting from his lab coat.
"Sir! We have a jump! Is it a security breach?"
The head Energy Service man shakes his head. "This mission has priority, but send out a cleanup. Give orders to the Michealle 2 to deal with it. Time to calculations?"
"A day or two, sir."
"Good, we can test the new stuff out."
Gomes sits nearby, listening. The air is charged now with a static hum and an ozone tint.
"Remember, you only have a conveyer, not a projector, so be careful using it without contacting here first, alright?" he smiles, "You can use it to talk to us, but you will be bright as a bulb to any sensors they have, so use it sparingly."
The pitch climbs higher, and the world begins to face. Gomes stands up and salutes you, but the arc of his hand slows and pulls back into bright light, replaced by swamp tree's branch. You have arrived at 'The Disposal' correctly, and only seven miles off target. You reading are mostly background, but some odd Oz readings are trailing in a line. A group of recent outtimers may be strung out through the forest.
There is also several 'punch points,' signs of several shifts in reality that indicate resent jumps. The string is to the south-east, but the punch point is to the east.

*** Warning! Warning! Crossover Initiated. Continue? Y/N ***
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 am

Uhh I think we both said yes.... last post...
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 pm

(The bottom part is for style. Centrum uses data-entry style operation systems.)
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:04 am

Shanae looks at her compus and motions to Sean in the direction that the line is, towards the southeast. She sighs slightly as she shuffles about to head towards it. "Man i feel sorry for Jack. I mean captured my infinity..." She shakes her head slightly in her casing. "Well at least there is only 7 miles between us and the Centurm agent we are looking for." She starts a beeline towards her target that is roughly south east to them. She intends to circle the other Oz partials so she is not to alert any other members of infinity to their position. She does not bother to keep quiet to startle off wild life.

(the soil is slightly muddy but not that bad)
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:00 am

Sean eyes the place and follows the moving suit only asking if he can get on if they hit muddier and more water filled areas due to his inability to really move fast thorough those conditions. "Has it been said how he got captured by infinity?" He figures he might as well strike up a conversation to try to keep his mind off the swampy smells that are vulgar to his nose.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:33 pm

You now stand in visual distance of the line. There is a group of four Infinity agents speaking to each other, but they do no contain the target. Otherwise, the line stretches behind them, so walking up the line should be alright. You have many options, from ambushing these ones, to waiting for the target to pass by this trail, to running up the line and meeting him along the way. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Shanae crouches to watch the 4 agents as she surveys the situation for moment. They seem only to be talking and from the looks of it unarmed. "Sean... I think its time to remove some danger from our mission or at least make it so they are useless to hinder us if things go bad...I would not want to be sent upon by numbers that out match us, even if they are unarmed there is only two of us." She thinks about it before reconsidering, " Or just spook them so they split up. This is suppose to be survival training for them isn't it." She taps her finger against her chin for a moment, only stopping if Sean says something as she starts to charge the students forcing them to split apart or to get hit by her large machine.
Back to top Go down
CaptainIsomer

CaptainIsomer

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 am

Sean lets Shanae scare the infinity members off not inclined to have four of them jump him as he hangs back slightly to watch them in the bushes to make sure they run in a preferred direction. He covers his insignias with mud so people would not pick up on him directly as centrum if they are to come across him. He splatters random bits over his clothing to make it look like he might of gotten splashed by something going through the mud quickly. He follows them at a nice safe, and hidden distance. If they head towards him he readys a blade which he eyes nervously. Injuring him self and passing the wound onto someone else is a mean trick and can tire him out but it would slow them up, forcing them to slow down and get the wounded member to safety. He flinches at the thought of mutilating him self to wound others but it is a reasonable tactic to get runners to stop running in his old line of work. Might deplete his energy a good amount but worth it if things get dangerous for the medic.
Back to top Go down
Horizonblue

Horizonblue

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Some daft bugger is running forward, foaming like a lunitic, babbling about monarchs and other rubbish.
He is charging Shanea in her suit, trying to block the rest of his party. The only thing he can do really, but still really dense.
Keeps muttering 'Angels," so this one may be daft. Beware.
Back to top Go down
zincks
Admin
zincks

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Shanea blinks in surprise as one moves to stop her as the female yells at the middle two to move it before breaking her own rope to join the one charging the mech. Shanea makes a face as she wonders why they are not running but attempting to save the other two. Damd it things aren't not going right...unless those two really think they can take the suit down. She pushes her suit to go forward and not stop if they are going to charge her. The female barks out, "You idiot you never split up."
Shanea blinks as she sees the female is backing up the charging, frothing man. "Sean! They are nutter then squirrels. Can you take a shot to wound one of them?" She plans on using the momentum to bowl over the other one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uplift: Mirror War   Uplift: Mirror War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uplift: Mirror War
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next