Rp Junkies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Junkies

Come one and all and fill your needs, addictions, and pleasure. We have what you would need rp wise. If we dont have it we can make it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trapped in the Dreamscape

Go down 
+4
Merrick Rose
Damos
optimalzelda
Thray
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thray

Thray

Trapped in the Dreamscape Empty
PostSubject: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm

There is but one realm that reaches across the mulltiverse to fill its every nook and cranny. This place, my friends, is called the Dreamscape: a place made up of the dreams of those that inhabit the multiverse. I hope you like it because your characters are stuck there for a while.

Your characters have a deceivingly simple goal in this RP: wake up. The first hurtle, however, is realizing they’re in a dream. Each character starts out having forgotten what caused them to fall asleep or otherwise become unconscious and until they realize they’re dreaming each character is at the mercy of whoever or whatever it is that’s trapped them all. At that point they gain the ability to lucid dream, or simply lucid as it will be called “in game”, to a very minor extent. Also, your character will not die by normal means. Instead any time they would die by these means the character will instead wake up into another dream.

As you can imagine this RP leaves itself open to a nigh endless possibility of story arcs. As such I would be more than happy to Co-GM an arc with someone else should they have a dream idea they’d like to try.

Encyclopedia
Below are sections that will be filled in as the RP progresses. I will make OOC posts denoting when I add something here.
Atlas

Bestiary
Stand- a psionic manifestation of the user's inner essence that stands by the user and has varying powers.
Chimera- a creature created by alchemy so named because it is usually made by combining animals.

Miscellaneous
Lucid- the ability to alter the Dreamscape to suit one’s own purposes or wants.
Alchemy- by using symbols to channel their energy an alchemist can create just about anything. There is one alchemic taboo: human resurrection. Those who commit this taboo, however, are gifted with great knowledge and the ability to transmute without circles, but all this is at a terrible price.
Alkaherstry- a practice near identical to alchemy. The difference being it is primarily used to heal and can be done from a distance through the use of special tools.
Altering- by focusing their energy a User can take a chunk of their surroundings and turn it into something. That something is their Alter. The alter is always the same thing until the user reaches a higher level of power. The leveling up usually involves something from "the other side."

Rules
Any infraction of the rules listed here will be punished depending on the severity of the rule and said infraction.
Dream Logic- To starts out, as stated several times before, no one knows it’s a dream since that’s how all dreams start. For that same reason your characters will not question what’s going on until they figure things out. Please don’t try to force either of these along as it ruins the set up.
“Awakening”- From Dream to Dream there will be transitions. These transitions are like when you first wake up and remember your dream in a sort of “lucid” state. For a few seconds, possibly minutes, you remember the dream but soon forget it and go about your day. That’s how Awakening into a new Dream works. You remember the old Dream for a moment but soon forget it, assuming your character’s new persona and going on with the RP. Also, unless you are a new player, your characters new personas will know each other in the new dream. How well and how long are both up to you.
Luciding- At first no one will have this ability. Once your character gains it they will only be able to do very minor things with it and, not unlike a muscle, the more they use it the stronger the ability gets. All you need to do to avoid punishment for this rule is ask me if your character is strong enough to do <insert desired lucid here> yet.
Metagaming- using knowledge you know but your character doesn’t. This is one of the worse rules you can break as it can severely mess up the flow of the RP and as such will be punished the most severely.

Characters
For this RP there is basically no restrictions on what you want your character to be in the real world and for a very simple reason: their powers in the real world mean nothing in the Dreamscape.
Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]:

[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Background[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:

Logs
The RP will actually be taking place here. As such a log will be posted here of what happened in the last session, leaving a trail of key events to follow for those who want to join after we start.

Last edited by Thray on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Name: Rock
Race: Minotaur

Appearance: Rock stands about 7 and a half feet tall weighing a good 280 pounds(muscle), and his eyes are red. The only article of 'clothing' he wears is a blue lion-cloth. How he looks.
Background:
Personality: He has a rough gruff attitude and tends to keep to himself. But if a situation calls for it, he will aid those in need, if he feels like it.

(ill be done done with him soon)
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 am

By now I'd say most of you who said you were interested have lost interest or perhaps forgotten about this RP. Well, in hopes of remedying this, I post here to tell you a little about what's coming up. For starters the first dream will be a scenario all the character, even if it's a stretch, could find themselves in. Right now I'm leaning towards a classroom setting that will likely devolve into a school rumble, but we shall see as it all depends on the characters I have to work with.

I also want to use a campaign I based on Snow White: A Tale of Terror but never actually went anywhere with. I'll likely wait until your lucids have evolved to the point where they could do at least minor magics.
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 am

I havent forgotten. lP I was for more info and others to join.
Back to top Go down
Damos

Damos

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Name: Spencer
Race: Anthro - Rabbit

Appearance: Casual clothing, button up tee over t-shirt, medium messy hair, sort of tattered in looks.
Background: Currently living by himself and supporting himself off a job. he is in classes but tends to ditch. He doesnt talk much about his family and has a very small group of friends, his current relationship status is unknown. he seems to enjoy his time alone.
Personality: Very laid back and relaxed, or at least tries to be, he is actually very obsessive and has issues with dropping situations. very strong in his beliefs. he is a smoker and his smell tends to compliment that, he does not have an addiction to nicotine, and sees it more of something to do. is usually bored with life and hardly sleeps.
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Name: Nico
Race: Anthro - Chameleon

Appearance: He stands only about 5' tall and weighs about 160 pounds, he has bright blue eyes in contrast to his red and purple scale coloration. Being from the pirate age, he has normal clothing you would see on any common person. He has a wooden staff on his possession at all times for his various magic castings.
Background: Nico was a very curious child in his younger days and this curiosity stuck around with him till his teens. He started to bauble and do research in the field of magic cause it highly interested him, this study however got in the way of his school studies, which upset his parents greatly as they were very strict about his studies, along with about everything else in his life. The strictness got too much for Nico so he packed up some clothing, food, money, and his magic books and hit the road to leave his strict, limited life behind. The magic that interested him the most was summoning magic.
Personality: Nico is highly curious of new things and is however, a tad innocent due to his parents upbringing of him. Likes meeting new people and has a dislike for very strict rules.
Back to top Go down
Merrick Rose

Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Name: Jackson Foster AKA Jack Frost
Race: Human

Appearance: This. Jackson is about 5'3 and 150 pounds.
Background: Jackson hails from the late 1930s and is a member of Spookhouse, a secret US agency that fights supernatural threats to national security. His nickname, Jack Frost, stems from his ability to use ice magic, which is due to his mother being a yukionna, a Japanese spirit that can control ice and snow.
Personality: Has a quiet, cold air of professionalism about him, but he is a good person at heart. He is plagued by recurring nightmares of a mission which cost the lives of those he was working with, but awakened his powers.

Last edited by Merrick Rose on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 pm

OK kiddies, for those of you not in the know, those who posted characters above and myself decided to give this RP a test run. If you want to be a part of it you're more than welcome to. Just post your character here and then go here once we've decided to start the test.
Back to top Go down
Flying Fairie

Flying Fairie

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Name: Michael Jamos
Race: Sound Demon

Appearance: Here. His spear is able to extend and detract at his command. It can become the length of a pencil to a mile long, but the weight keeps him making it going that long.
Background: He was spawned in the middle of the battle between heaven and hell, but got lost during the war. Traveling, he decided he just wants to find a place to call his own and be at peace, whatever that is.
Personality: Even though he looks very serious and mysterious, he is actually very brash, impatient, and naive. He rarely thinks for others and hates to lose a quarrel.
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:12 pm

OK, sorry for the wait. At first I was waiting to see if anyone else, like Flying Fairie, wanted to join and then I was waiting for inspiration to strike for the test run. It hasn't so I'ma just get my rear in gear and start things. To start this off, we'll all have to come up with a date and time that works for us for our first session. I work on a flexible schedule so I'm open whenever, though I would prefer night time, except for my 9am-12pm class on Saturdays. Everyone else?

Last edited by Thray on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 am

I'm available whenever I'm not working, when i do work it's normally 3-11 pm est shifts.
Back to top Go down
Damos

Damos

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 am

Im available most nights from 7-whenever If anything really needs me involved you can text me and ill be online.
Back to top Go down
Merrick Rose

Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm available whenever.
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:14 am

Alright gentlemen, two things. First an addendum to my availability: Thursday nights are a no-go for me thanks to me either getting an evening shift or going to my game shop for casual night. Second I've decide on the theme to the first Dream: Jo-Jo's Bizarre Adventure. This means each of you will need to post a Stand for your characters. For those of you who have no idea what these things are click this for the fun way of finding out or here for the more serious JJBA wiki. You should click on the latter link whichever route you choose since I'll be using the Bow and Arrow as a plot device for this Dream. You should also check out this page for general info on stands

And, since you'll be needing it, here's a Stand sheet:
Code:
[b]Stand Name[/b]: There's actually a theme to naming Stands. The first Stands in the JoJo Universe are named after the Major Arcana of the Tarot and Egyptian Gods. From Part IV onwards, stands were named after musical bands, albums, and songs. In part VI, many stand users are named after fashion labels. You don't have to follow this theme, but doing so in keeps with the flavor of the universe and that's always appreciated. What you do have to do though is not take a name already listed on the Stand general info page.
[b]Description[/b]: Describe how the Stand looks
[b]Powers[/b]: Describe either the theme to your Stand's powers or go into detail on how each specific power works

[b]Destructive Power[/b]: For these stats rate your Stand on an E-A scale of crap-great respectively. This stat measures the Stand's ability to cause damage
[b]Speed[/b]: This stat measures how fast the Stand is
[b]Range[/b]: This stat measures the range of Stand's powers and does so in feet or meters, not in E-A
[b]Durability[/b]: This stat measures how much damage the Stand can take
[b]Precision[/b]: This stat measures the Stand's accuracy
[b]Potential[/b]: This stat measures the Stand's potential to evolve and grow

And as an example here's my character:

Name: Rojac Deeshku
Race: Barn Owl/Goat

Appearance: Rojac stand 5'10" with a heavy frame, 156lbs weight, and 10 foot wingspan. His head looks like a non-anthro barn owl's with the exception of golden eyes, long, thin beard coming from his chin, and ridged horns sprouting from his forehead that curl towards the back of his head all like that of a billy goat. Aside from the head the rest of Roja's body is either goat or owl below and above the waist respectively with predominantly white feathers/fur. His arms end in three fingered and one thumbed talons while his digitigrad legs end in sizable black hooves. He normally holds his wings around himself like a cloak and usually wears a silver, sleeveless robe and nothing else.
Background: Rojac seemed like a regular guy, though strange things started happening around him after he came across a large chunk of metal that looked to be a meteorite fragment...
Personality: Rojac is a phlegmatic and a bit of an eccentric, but what he’s really interested in is amusement and fun times. To these ends he plays mind games with those around him, but in truth he deeply cares for his friends

Stand Name: Gemini of Pentacles
Description: GoP looks like a muscular cross between a man and a monkey. Armor seems to cover the majority of him, which makes sense as it's actually his skin. The armor itself looks like it's made out of stone, soil, metal, and various other things one would find within the earth. Upon GoP's head, which is more or less the only uncovered portion, their is an upside down, five pointed pentacle in the center of the forehead.
Powers: GoP has power over the earth, capable of forming the soil, rocks, other minerals, and even metal ores to suit his needs.

Destructive Power: A
Speed: C
Range: 10'
Durability: A
Precision: C
Potential: D

Stand Name: Gemini of Ourobouros
Description: GoO looks like a tall, lithe snake-woman with emerald scales. She "wears" a simple robe made of electricity, giving it the habit of shifting and arching chaotically as well as phasing out and phasing in at times. Upon her forehead is a serpent biting its own tail, forming a circle with the head at the bottom of it.
Powers: GoO has massive amounts of electrical energy within her form, giving her a variety of ranged attacks as well as ramping up her speed.

Destructive Power: C
Speed: A
Range: 30'
Durability: C
Precision: A
Potential: D

Stand Name: Gemini of Sums
Description: GoS looks like an androgynous, humanoid chordak that stands 9 feet tall. It wears a suit of armor that seems to be made out of something's metal skeleton. Like GoP, the suit does not cover GoS' head and, like both of its parts, their is a symbol on the center of its forehead. The symbol is a pentacle with a six pointed star and the circle formed by a right side up ourobouros.
Powers: GoS has the combined powers of its parts as well as one of its own. Combining earth and electric powers allows GoS to tap into the Earth's magnetic field and control it on a local scale as well as giving it near full control of metal.

Destructive Power: A
Range: 50'
Durability: B
Precision: B
Potential: A

Last edited by Thray on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Merrick Rose

Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:27 am

Jackson's Stand

Stand Name: Mr. White Christmas
Description: Physically, Jackson's Stand resembles him, though made of ice and with spiky hair and blank white eyes. Kind of like this, only without the star on its forehead.
Powers: As its name implies, Mr. White Christmas has power over snow, ice, and freezing cold. Its main method of attack is to assault foes with a barrage of large diamond-hard icicles. It also possesses the ability to create a large array of "mirrors" from ice. Jackson can enter into these mirrors to protect himself from harm, and to allow Mr. White Christmas to attack from multiple angles.

Destructive Power: B
Range: 80'
Durability: C
Potential: B
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Nico's Stand

Stand Name: Ruby Carbuncle
Description: Appears as a ruby pendant worn around it's user's neck.
Powers: Light based powers such as healing, barriers, and holy damage.

Destructive Power: N/A
Speed: N/A
Range: 10 FT
Back to top Go down
Damos

Damos

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Stand Name: Don't Fear the Reaper
Description:A large Grim Reaper looking figure, billowing smoke from its eyes and mouth, the smoke however changes colors with how the stand is used. Activation of the stand requires the user to summon it through the form of a cigarette, the smoke exhaled brings the stand to life.
Powers: Blue: Time seems to slow down all around the Stand, anyone affected (aside from user who remains normal speed) becomes light headed and disoriented. Black: very powerful but harmful to ALL in its range as life essence is leached. Green: Deaths caress, The user disappears for a moment protected from harm at a price.
Destructive Power: D-A
Speed: C
Range: 15'
Precision: C
Back to top Go down
Flying Fairie

Flying Fairie

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Michael's Stand

Stand Name: Lover's Rose
Description: Here. He is blind. He carries around a rod with a bell at the end that he uses to "see". Is about 5'10" and 185 lbs.
Powers: He uses his bell to visualize the world. He uses the vibrations from the bell to make illusions and attack the disoriented foe.

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: 50'
Durability: D
Precision: A+
Potential: C

Last edited by Flying Fairie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flying Fairie

Flying Fairie

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:08 pm

My availability is anytime during the night usually after 8 pacific time
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 am

Alrighty, looks good except for one thing Fairie. Unless Micheal is narcissistic, then his Stand wouldn't be his lover. Stads are not a separate entity from their user. A rare few do actually have personalities, but even they are a part of their user.

And from our combined availabilities we'll be holding the first session at night, big surprise, on either Sunday-Wednesday or Saturday. Given Merrick won't be back until Thursday, methinks we should hold the first session this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Flying Fairie

Flying Fairie

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 pm

ok, making slight changes
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 am

OK peoples! As a reminder the plan is to meet up here tonight at or sometime after 8 pacific time (11pm EST).
Back to top Go down
Thray

Thray

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Alright kiddies. The night has been postponed. Post the next night that works for you and when. Mine'd be Sunday after about 10:15pm for example.
Back to top Go down
Merrick Rose

Merrick Rose

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm available whenever.
Back to top Go down
optimalzelda

optimalzelda

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:54 pm

im free tomorrow night, i dont work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapped in the Dreamscape   Trapped in the Dreamscape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trapped in the Dreamscape
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next